Velvet Cupcakes

This originally is a Nigella Lawson recipe except her's is without any cocoa or food coloring.The sight of Velvet cakes always makes me smile and baking them is a truly a joy.My mom loved the first batch so much that she forced me to make another batch of six.So,basically it isn't that hard.(of course it is Nigella Lawson's recipe).


WHAT I USED: (makes 6 cupcakes)

2 oz sugar
2 oz butter
2 oz flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring.

HOW I MADE IT:
1. Cream the butter and sugar for 1 minute in a big bowl.
2. Add the flour baking powder and backing soda and continue stirring.
3. Break an egg and fold in cocoa, and food coloring until u get a pinkish color batter.
4. Spoon batter in cupcake tins and bake for 20 min.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts